At Skyline Vision Clinic & Laser Center, we offer standard cataract surgery as well as laser-assisted cataract surgery and Optiwave Refractive Analysis (ORA) technology. Read on to learn more about these advanced options for your surgery.
Here is what one of our cataract patients had to say about his cataract surgery experience with us:
Laser-Assisted Cataract Surgery
We offer the CATALYS® Precision Laser System to provide our cataract patients with another option for clear vision. The CATALYS system uses a computer-controlled laser to make corneal incisions with exceptional precision and also create an opening in the lens capsule that holds the cloudy lens. The entire process is based on a detailed 3-D image of your unique eye that is created prior to surgery.
Once the cloudy cataract lens has been removed, your new intraocular lens (IOL) can be implanted. Our doctors will work with you before surgery to determine the type of IOL that will work best for your vision goals and lifestyle.
Steps in Laser Cataract Surgery
Benefits of Laser-Assisted Cataract Surgery
- Precise pre-surgery eye measurements take into consideration the unique characteristics of your eye
- Surgery is faster, more precise and more controlled
- Gentle cataract removal
- The lens capsule opening may be 10 times more accurate than what can be achieved using a hand-held tool (according to clinical studies)
- Procedure is more comfortable for the patient
- Completely customized treatment with 3-D imaging provides improved vision results
- Recovery may be more rapid due to the reduced amount of ultrasound energy required (in comparison to traditional cataract surgery
Optiwave Refractive Analysis (ORA) Technology
During cataract surgery, your doctor will insert a new intraocular lens (IOL) into your eye. While the power of that IOL is determined before your procedure, sometimes the surgical process can slightly alter the measurements of your eye. Therefore, the power of your IOL may need to be adjusted to help you achieve the best vision results. Using Optiwave Refractive Analysis (ORA) technology, our doctors can make that determination during your cataract surgery and adjust the IOL power if needed.
Benefits of the ORA System
- Measure the true refractive power of your eye
- Choose the IOL power that will provide a better visual outcome
- Completely tailor your procedure
- Reduce the need for follow-up surgeries
Standard Cataract Surgery
Our standard method of cataract surgery is performed using a hand-held blade for incisions and high-energy sound waves to break up the cloudy lens. It is typically a No Shot, No Stitch, No Patch method that produces great results and is comfortable for patients.
At Skyline Vision Clinic & Laser Center, we are continually researching and implementing new technologies to provide better vision results for patients. To learn more about laser-assisted cataract surgery in Colorado Springs and other advanced technologies, contact us today to schedule a Cataract Evaluation.