What’s Involved in a Cataract Evaluation?
At Skyline Vision Clinic & Laser Center, our Cataract Evaluation serves three important purposes: to assess your eye health, explain any inconsistencies we find in your vision and answer your questions. During the appointment, you can expect to have your eyes dilated so you will want to have someone drive you to this appointment. We will conduct a variety of painless eye tests such as:
- Visual acuity test to assess your distance and near vision
- Refractive error measurement to determine your glasses prescription
- Assessment of your lenses to determine the presence of any cataracts
- Evaluation of your retinal health (back of the eye)
- Eye pressure measurement to determine the presence of glaucoma
We take this appointment very seriously and we won’t rush the process (it may take 2 hours to complete the appointment). We want to ensure that we have fully assessed your eye health so we can provide you with detailed findings and our recommendation for next steps. It may not be necessary to have cataract surgery right away – even if you have cataracts! Expect full honesty from our team at every appointment.
As mentioned earlier, we want you to feel comfortable asking all of your questions during this Evaluation. No question is off limits. Again, we will answer you honestly and completely.
If you are experiencing any symptoms of cataracts, please contact us to schedule a Cataract Evaluation. It’s the first step toward restoring clear vision to your life.